TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the website of the Irish Chamber of Commerce Singapore (“the Chamber”). Please read the following terms and conditions (“Terms”).
In joining the Chamber you agree to respect and abide by the following Terms of Membership:
Any and all Terms of membership of the Chamber will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law.
The Chamber does not refund membership fees if membership is cancelled before the end of the relevant term.
Membership to the Chamber commences when membership payment is received and the duration is for one calendar year (unless otherwise agreed in writing). Any changes to this is at the discretion of the Chamber.
Renewal of membership will be processed upon receipt of renewal payment and will be back-dated to the date on which the membership expired within the 30 day grace period.
During the period of non- renewal the benefits of membership will cease, which includes AGM voting rights, as long as renewal payment remains outstanding.
The Chamber requires that participants pay in full upon registration. Failing to do so will automatically cancel the registration. No shows or cancellations to the Chamber events will not be refunded.
Pictures might be taken during events. The Chamber reserves the right to publish these on this website and social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or similar platform) as well as in print materials. If you do not agree, participants have to inform the Chamber in writing before the event.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Chamber aims to provide a safe and professional environment for members and non-members to enjoy.
We do not tolerate discrimination, disrespectful or threatening behaviour of any type between or towards any individual or organisation engaged with the Chamber.
Membership of and/or participation as a non-member in events, meetings and activities of the Chamber are subject to the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) set out in this Code of Conduct and such other terms and conditions as may be prescribed from time to time.
As a professional business network organisation, the Chamber expects members and non-member participants in Chamber events and activities (i.e., ‘walk-ins’) to observe and abide by the Code of Conduct, upholding the values, professionalism and integrity of the Chamber.
The obligations and responsibilities of all members of the Chamber and non-member participants are as follows:
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct and engage in Chamber events in a professional and dignified manner, acting with integrity and respectfulness when interacting with Chamber invitees and guests, other members and their guests and the general public.
- Not to speak or to comment on behalf of the Chamber or hold oneself out as having authority to do so unless specifically requested or instructed or otherwise having obtained prior consent to do so from the Executive Committee of the Board of the Chamber.
- Not to act in such a way that the Board deems, in its reasonable opinion, to be injurious or prejudicial to the character or interests or reputation of the Chamber.
- To respect and comply with reasonable requests or directions given by Chamber staff, office bearers or third parties – for example at Chamber events hosted at external venues – and not to act in such a way at any Chamber event or activity, whether on Chamber premises or at an external venue, that would be likely to cause injury or harm to self or to others.
- To respect the confidentiality requirements and privacy policies of the Chamber, and confidentiality requirements requested to be observed by Chamber invitees, guests, other members and their guests; this includes refraining from activities or practices that are or could be construed to be anti-competitive or anti-trust in nature.
- To respect the right of Chamber staff, office bearers, members and non-member participants to a safe environment when working for, or attending or participating in events, meetings or activities hosted or facilitated by, the Chamber, free from harassment, abuse or discrimination and, in particular, not to use threatening behaviour towards nor harass any member of Chamber staff or Chamber member, invitee, guest or other non-member participant.
- To ensure that communication with Chamber employees, office bearers and members is measured, reasonable and professional and devoid of any comments against any of them in their personal capacity.
- Not to issue – whether via email, phone, SMS, social media or similar platform – any malicious, inflammatory, critical, defamatory, abusive or threatening messages or statements in relation to the Chamber or its members, invitees or guests.
- To act in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations of Singapore.
- To abide by the Chamber’s constitution and any conflict of interest guidelines or other policies and codes as may be issued or updated from time to time by the Chamber.
In the event of any breach of or non-compliance by a member or non-member participant with any of the Terms of this Code of Conduct, whether or not such breach or non-compliance is the subject of a complaint by another Chamber member or other non-member participant, the Chamber reserves the right to take appropriate action against the defaulting individual including, but not limited to, exclusion from Chamber events, removal from Chamber premises and suspension of membership and/or membership benefits.
In the case of severe material or persistent non-compliance with this Code of Conduct by a member, the Chamber reserves the right to terminate the membership of the defaulting member, without liability to refund to such defaulting member any amount of membership fees paid in advance, whether in full or pro rata.
Accessing the website means that you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, by these Terms and Conditions.
The Irish Chamber of Commerce in Singapore reserves the right to modify or revise these Terms at any time, at its sole discretion. If you choose to access the website, then you are bound by any such modification or revision and should therefore visit this page periodically to review the Terms.
This section sets out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the Chamber website.
PRIVACY AND CONDUCT
As a member of the Chamber you will gain access to our Membership directory which contains contact details of other members. In being a member of the Chamber you agree:
- Not to share personal information to any third party without prior consent of that individual.
- Not to spam or use this information in a manner that may be deemed inappropriate.
- Should you wish to share information that you may feel is relevant to all or certain members, please liaise with the membership team in the first instance to discuss an appropriate approach.
USE OF MATERIALS
The contents of this website (including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations, artwork, video, music, sound, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material are protected by copyright laws internationally. This includes both content owned by the Chamber and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to the Chamber.
You are authorised to view and download a single copy of the material on the website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the material in any way for any public or commercial purpose without the written permission of the Chamber.
If you would like to obtain the Chamber's permission to use any of the material on your own website, or link to our website, please call us or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the material.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Links to third party websites maintained by others are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Chamber of their contents. The Chamber is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of their materials. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk.
The website and material are provided on an 'as is' basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. The Chamber, its partners and suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. The Chamber, its partners and suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, text, graphics and links.
The Chamber makes no warranties that the website will operate error-free or that its website or its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful items. The Chamber is not liable for any costs if use of the website or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing of equipment or data.
The Chamber shall not be held responsible for any third party material.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY / DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
The Chamber in Singapore expressly excludes all liability for any damage or injury suffered directly or indirectly through use of this website. In no event shall the Chamber, its partners or suppliers be liable to any user or any third party for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or lost profits) resulting from the use or inability to use the website or the material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the Chamber is advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Chamber may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove, or disable access to, material on the website that infringes on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on our website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Chamber with a written notice that includes the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
JURISDICTION AND VALIDITY
The Chamber makes no claims that the materials are appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that they may be downloaded outside of Singapore. Access to the materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our website from outside of Singapore, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity that arises out of or relates to these Terms will be filed only in courts located in Singapore, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.